Holo scaled gradient nails à la Simply Nailogical

Hey! I've done some nails inspired by the awesome Cristine of Simply Nailogical, specifically her scaled gradient nails! I loved her holo scaled gradient nails and decided to do my own using Fascination Street (purple holo) and Alter Ego (black holo) by Cirque, which you can see below.


I started off with a base of Rimmel Salon Pro in Purple Rain and made a gradient at the base of my nail using all three nail varnishes. I then waited for this to dry and placed a single chevron stencil from She Sells Seashells and post-it notes on each nail where I didn't want there to be the gradient. I then sponged on another gradient of the three nail varnishes and removed the stencil and post-it notes. The picture below is what it looks like in the shade.


I know the clean up isn't the best but hey ho, even with acetone some of it wouldn't come off of my cuticles! And here is a picture of it in sunlight as well as the flash on my camera that went off; I still don't think it quite captured how it looks in real life, nearly but not quite.

 
And here's another picture for good measure.


And another!


Look at the holo, it's gorgeous! I now really want to swatch them! You can see the holo effect in sunlight and certain artificial lights. I finished off by topping it with HK Girl topcoat which didn't really seem to effect it! I just wish the clean up went better, it really bugs me

So what do you think, do you think I did justice to Cristine's scaled gradient?

Comments