Reverse gradient nails

Hey! I decided to enter m_a_tom's competition on Instagram which involved creating a manicure influenced by one of her own; I decided to recreate her reverse gradient nails (but not with the same colours)! The other week I ordered some nail stencils and striping tape from She Sells Seashells (which all came neatly packed in this cute bag!), which was handy as I needed striping tape for these nails!
 
 
I started by creating an orange to peach gradient using Rimmel London 60 Seconds in Sun Downer and Rimmel London I Love Lasting Finish in No Tan Lines Here. Once this was dry I then placed pieces of striping tape uniformly in parallel stripes along my nails, I then sponged on another gradient of light blue to a darker blue using Maybelline Colourshow in Cool Blue and Superpower Blue. I then proceeded to remove the striping tape, clean up with acetone and top with HK Girl topcoat.
 
 
The orange to peach gradient looks more subtle with the blue gradient over the top, I think thicker stripes would've helped it to be more noticeable. Considering it was my first time using striping tape I didn't think it was too bad, just a bit fiddly when trying to place the pieces parallel to one another! I also think that my gradient should be more blended, maybe next time I should try mixing the colours slightly in the middle before sponging it on.
 
Overall I like these nails, I think that the colours are quite summery and I like the effect, but what do you think?


Comments