Urban Outfitters Mermaid swatch (warning: may contain flakies)

Hello again, a day after my previous post! This morning I went out to town and found a nail varnish I've wanted to try for AGES for half price! I'm talking about Mermaid by Urban Outfitters! I don't think the actual colour was in the sale but my bottle has been slightly used so I think that's why it was £3, but a little clean up around the top has made it fine.


This is it in the bottle, and from what you can tell is that it has a turquoise-y base with holographic flakies. Mmmmmmm....... Anyway, I decided to swatch it onto black nails.


I'm assuming it's a jelly base due to how it applied, but it's AMAZING! This is one coat over black, the nail varnish was a bit thick but I think that could be due to the fact that it was already open. It wasn't too bad to apply but there was no way it would go on sparser, it came off the brush like this, but I'm not complaining!


The flakies shift from a coppery colour to green so the shift is very noticeable. It also shifts in most lighting so is not disappointing like ones which need sunlight to be seen!


I'm really pleased that I bought this and love the effect! The only other flakie nail varnish I own is China Glaze Luxe & Lush, which isn't as noticeable or that strong a shift. Do you think that this compares to other flakie polishes people rave about?

Comments

  1. Aaaaaawesome! This looks so gorgeous, and the effect looks way stronger than the effect of the flakie polish I own (granted, I've always used only one layer of it so it might look more like this if I use thicker layers). Great idea to layer it over black :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it! Yeah, that might work :) I just can't stop staring at my nails!

      Delete

Post a Comment