Life gave me lemons in the form of a skort, and some nails to match

My A2 exams are now finished (I did 7 in total) and I now have had time to do my nails rather than revise biology or maths! I bought a cool skort from Topshop the other week which gave me some nail inspiration which I had to delay due to exams, however now I am free and have time to be creative! I also cut my nails due to some of them starting to peel at the edges from where I didn't change my nail varnish for a couple of weeks.


Above is said skort.


And here is the pattern close up, because I know you really wanted to see the pattern close up, obviously.


I started by painting two coats of white nail varnish for the background and then I painted the rest of the design with acrylic paint as I don't have many similar colour nail varnishes; I think it means I need more! The lemons turned out a little greener than I would have liked; to me they don't look a lot like lemons, more like limes but not really still. I finished by adding a coat of HK Girl topcoat by Glisten & Glow.


I think that I need to practise painting with acrylics and this type of painting in general. From far away they look quite cool and if I'm wearing my skort you can see how it looks alike, otherwise I think it looks a little weird. What do you think?

Comments

  1. These look awesome! I love the print on your skort (that is such a funny word I think!) and it looks great on your nails too :) I think they don't only look good from afar but also from up close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just a perfectionist, if something's not up to my standard then it bugs me! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment