Revlon Wintermint swatch and chevrons

Hey! Today I've got a swatch and some nail art using Wintermint from the new Parfumerie collection by Revlon (well new in the UK at least)! This was the only one I bought even though I liked the look of Autumn Spice too, but thought that this one was a change. I've tried some of Revlon's previous scented ones before and found that they smelled sweet but not quite like their name, so was curious about these. I also warn you to excuse my cuticles, they don't look the best at this time!


It's a pearlescent green base with blue glitter and some shimmer; this is two coats with topcoat (my new HK girl one!). It still has a slightly gritty feel which I've read about but it's not too bad. It also has a light minty scent which I quite like, however once I applied topcoat I can hardly smell it. I don't have it to compare, but it looks like a dupe of Mermaid's Dream by Deborah Lippmann, but it's not like anything else in my collection so I'm not fussed. Now onto the nail art!

 
I thought that it would look pretty cool as some chevrons so did just that! I used two coats of Ciaté Cookies and Cream as the base and then painted the chevrons of Wintermint on top (no nail vinyls for me, partially due to the fact that I don't own any!) and topped it off with Glisten and Go HK Girl Topcoat. I should add that it's a good alternative to Seche Vite with a fast drying time, but no shrinkage!

These nails are pretty subtle compared to my usual designs, but I feel that it's a nice change and seems sorta refreshing. I feel I should also mention that in under two weeks my exams start and so I may not post that much at all, even though I don't post loads to begin with!

Comments