Banksy nails

Hola, I'm posting again after two weeks and my first exam (which I'm very unsure of how it went)! I noticed a new collection of nail varnishes in Topshop the other week made up of pastels mixed with white glitter which interested me, and so I decided to buy one about two days ago to see what they are like.

 
This is two coats of Dancing in the Dark, a light grey with small and micro-sized white glitter. I was tempted to try the pinky/purple colour Everybody Get Up (which I might still get), but I thought that the grey base made it more original. It applies a bit like a jelly and was sheer-ish on the first coat but became opaque on the second; I quite like how the glitter from the first coat looks faded compared the stark white of the second coat. This is without topcoat, however I would probably wear topcoat (I'd like to see it matte) as it's slightly bumpy from the glitter but not too bad. Overall I like the speckled effect and it's totally unique in my stash.
 

I knew I wanted to do nail art over it, but couldn't decide what. I then had the idea to use my MoYou stamping plates I got for Christmas which I have never got round to trying. I used plate 02 from the Rebel collection (above, with the unwanted reflection of me!) as I loved the designs, especially the Banksy ones, and so decided to pay homage to the street artist from the same City as me!


I stamped the monkey with the sign, the panda with guns and the girl with the balloon! I used Sinful Colours Black on Black to stamp, and it worked pretty well! I did try to make the balloon red but my red nail varnish didn't work so well for stamping, and would smear across the plate or not be picked fully up by the stamper, so I kept it black.


I stamped the maid sweeping dirt under the wall paper/paint on my thumb! I know that my stamping isn't perfect but I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out considering I've only done stamping once before! I feel that the nail varnish for the background also gives it an urban/graffiti feel. I finished off by topping it with HK Girl topcoat by Glisten & Glow.

I keep on looking at my nails because I really like the little Banksy pictures! One of my favourite Banksy pictures is the one with the two children stood on top of a pile of bombs (which is also on the plate, but I wasn't too sure if it would fit on my nail!), which is your favourite Banksy?


Comments