Monday Blues brush gradient

Hey! I haven't posted in nearly two weeks due to illness and photography coursework, even though no ones probably noticed. Anyway, I decided to join in the Monday Blues thing today, and have created a blue-based nail design to show you!


I was messing around the other day to see what I could do using only the bottle brush, and created this effect. It's like a messy looking sorta gradient, which I kinda like! What I did was remove most of the polish from the brush and swipe it vertically on the nail, building it up near the tips. I was considering making a tutorial, but I forgot and am too lazy to do it again! I used Maybelline Colour Show Cool Blue for the base and Essie Mezmerised (my FAVOURITE nail varnish) for the gradient.

I like the messy, not really trying much look, but what do you think? My Mum thinks that she can see faces in the brush strokes!

Comments

  1. I remember seeing these on IG and I really love the gradient effect you created with the dry brush technique! Make sure you add the link for this post to the Monday Blues link up so everyone else in Monday Blues can see it! Maybe wait until next Monday (first Monday of May) since April is over now... just go to lacqueristhebestmedicine dot com and see one of her Monday Blues posts... there should be a button at the bottom that says add your link... you can also find the code to add everyone's thumbnails to your blog post there... email me if you need any help :) lovestrucklacquer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's funny, I didn't see faced until I read your comment about your Mom seeing them, and now that's what I see! lol,

    I love the technique, I think it gives a very cool effect! Clever thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, as soon as she said it I could see them too! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment