My first post, and some Barry M swatches

Hey! So this is my first post on blogger, and I don't have a clue how to use it! As you can tell my blog is quite basic and plain at the moment, but hopefully I'll learn what to do. Anyway, I'm Nicole and I originally started posting nail art on tumblr and have just decided to give blogger a go.

Ok, so for my first post I have a swatch (well two really). I felt like being lazy and wanted something quick, and thought "why not swatch my two new nail varnishes?", so I did.

 
Here is Barry M Gelly in Huckleberry from the Spring collection topped with Barry M Treasure Chest from the aquarium collection. I apologize now for the terrible quality of this picture, the lighting was bad and so my skin colour looks disgusting, I tried to edit the colour to make the whole thing look better and more like in real life but it hasn't really worked. I don't like it. Anyway, this is two coats of Huckleberry. I really like the duck egg blue colour, however I didn't find it the easiest to apply, but it wasn't too bad. It could be down to me as I have a habit of applying thick coats, but yeah. It dried nice and shiny as promised so you don't need to use top coat with it, but I topped it with Treasure Chest. I really like Treasure Chest and it's gold and pink shards, I don't own anything like it. It was good to apply, sometimes the glitter clumped together a little bit, but it was easily sorted. It also looks to me like a dupe of OPI Gaining Mole-mentum, but I don't own it so I can't compare them in real life.
 
 
I decided to top it with a matte top coat (I use Rimmel) which I really like the look of. This picture is also much better as I took it the day after.
 
 
I decided to end this post with a failed attempt at the Nailuminium hand pose. So yeah, hope you liked this post and that I didn't annoy you by going on too much. I may also post some older nail art to get the ball rolling. I should probably also mention that you can get these nail varnishes from Boots and Superdrug or anywhere like that in the UK for £3.99 each. So yeah, bye!

Comments

  1. I originally started out only on tumblr too... I still have my tumblr but I use blogger and instagram the most now... I like how it's so much easier to find old posts with blogger! Also I don't think tumblr posts are indexed by search engines like blogger is... so for example if someone searched for "Barry m treasure chest" your tumblr post wouldn't come up but your blogger post would... there's also quite a lot of info in bloggers stats about how people end up on your page, where they live etc. Anyway great layering combination! Treasure chest is very pretty! :) and welcome to blogger! Feel free to ask me if you need any help with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's just getting used to it. I'm still learning, I wasn't too sure how to get my posts seen by anyone. But thank you!!! :)

      Delete
    2. ya there's no hashtags so it's a bit harder... I get a lot of traffic from my tumblr/pinterest/IG (I actually found you on tumblr!)... I guess blogger there's more space for writing/pictures vs those other social media... I also get quite a bit of traffic through google image search... if you want to get your posts seen by others comment on other people's blogs... usually people will comment back after a while... you can also join link ups which is basically where people will all post manis around a certain theme and at the end of everyone's posts they will show small thumbnails of everyone else's manis... i've been in a "Monday Blues" one for a while where everyone posts blue manis on Monday... you can see it on my blog if you want then it'll make more sense :)

      Delete
    3. Cool, thanks! Thing is with link ups is that I usually only do my nails once a week, so I wouldn't be very active, but I'll see! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment